Friday, September 5, 2008

The Friday Thing: Can't Exist by Joseph Arthur

.
While I was watching an older episode of 'Later... With Jools Holland', this guy came on about halfway named Joseph Arthur. He's one of those artists who records all the sounds right then and uses looping machines to create a unique, electronic, and very entertaining feel. This episode of 'Later...' also saw the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Tinariwen, and The Hold Steady so for him to stick out from these, you know he's sure to impress. Enjoy!


Can't Exist

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this guy but not actually heard (or seen) him till now...interesting stuff.

Cool blog, with an interesting mix of music (and a name from "The Punk Meets the Godfather"?)

Double Hawk said...

YFC: I've only heard of him through the show. The name comes from 'The Punk and The Godfather' by The Who.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Boy there was a lot going on there.....interesting stuff indeed!

Ian France said...

Great discovery - I've never heard of this guy before but I like his voice and the idea with the repeating track is great!

Double Hawk said...

Wafaring: I'm glad you liked it. What I like is that all the stuff going on is just him!

Arnie: I like his voice too! Recently I've been really into the whole looping thing, I dunno why.