Friday, January 23, 2009

The Friday Thing: The City by Jamie Lidell

While searching for what my Friday Thing should be, I flipped when I came across Jamie Lidell's performace from 'From The Basement'. A while ago, I watched this particular episode because Beck was on it, and Jamie's performance of 'In The City' and 'A Little Bit More' were so exciting and he seemed so into his music that it sucked you in like a blackhole. This is one of the best, if not the best live performance (televisionwise) I have ever seen. I would very very very highly recommend watching this pure genius!


The City

2 comments:

Ian France said...

I'm officially a Jamie Lidell fan - this performance is epic! His voice is fantastic, and how he's able to rerecord his voice over while he's singing is so amazing! He must be awesome live.

Double Hawk said...

Oh man, I'm so glad someone commented on this. This is one of the few performances I've seen where right after watching it, I sat there stunned and amazed. This performance is seriously legendary.