Friday, July 10, 2009

The Friday Thing: Rigs of the Times by Bellowhead

Later...with Jools Holland is known for having an eclectic group of performers on each episode. It's really performances like this that make it really great. I saw this performance a real long while ago, and I never heard of Bellowhead until this. I really enjoyed the circus-y feel to this song, and it turns out the album was called 'Burlesque'.I also loved the fact that they really created their own sound with strings and horns and made it very catchy and appealing. I hope you enjoy!


Rigs of the Times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very enjoyable! Very Klezmic, I'll send you a sample of Klezmer music, like ethnic old time music. Love that you are so varied in your critique and I look forward to checking out more of your site. B

Double Hawk said...

B: It must be the accordian/violin/drum combination. I agree with the comparison!