Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Video for Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.) by Monsters of Folk

Yesterday, Monsters of Folk released a video for "Dear God", their second single from their 2009 debut. The song is so wonderfully dreamy with soulful singing and a harp, and was a very good opening for the album. The video, however, is not quite as great. The amount of "crafted" looking layers and the zooming in concept is not bad, but it's not a whole lot interesting and little a slow moving. Too bad it didn't include the band.


Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)

2 comments:

Ian France said...

"Dear God" is my favorite MOF song, because it starts off the album with this 70's R&B vibe when the rest of the record's alternative folk. It doesn't fit at all (that's partially why I like it, that and the fact that it's a great song) but the album wouldn't be nearly as good without it.

The video suits the song perfectly, and is a real work of art. It kind of reminds me of the unofficial Grizzly Bear music vid for "Two Weeks":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpAUqEMu_qs

Double Hawk said...

Arnie: The harp sample kind weirds me out a little. I like it too for the reasons you mentioned. I love the video! It's makes you a little melancholy though, but I love how it gives it a completely different (yet suiting) feel than what the official did! Thanks!