Friday, February 5, 2010

The Friday Thing: Cousins, Have I The Right?, California English, Walcott, Horchata, and A-Punk by Vampire Weekend

This week, Vampire Weekend did a set of songs for a small audience for La Blogotheque. It's a very intimate setting, with the four of them playing amongst a small group of people sitting around them, which makes it such a great performance. Their nerdyness and quirks come out to an extreme, and the acoustic-versions are very nice to hear; they make California English bearable! The energy is great, and if you have 23 minutes to spare, you won't be disappointed.


Cousins, Have I The Right?, California English, Walcott, Horchata, and A-Punk

2 comments:

Ian France said...

I didn't have a whole 23 minutes to watch this, but what I saw I enjoyed very much. I love how the audience just seems so into it! I do wonder though who the people are, and how they got to see VW in such a small space. Was it VIP, or just expensive?

Double Hawk said...

Arnie: I know. It's for La Blogotheque, so maybe it was VIP. It'd be sick to see any band in such a confined space.