Monday, May 10, 2010

Carlos D Has Left Interpol

Interpol were the first indie band that I ever got into. Arguably, without them, I would have never expanded my research into the indie genre. Carlos D has always been known as the gothic looking "weird" bass player of Interpol. He was always a stand out member, whether it was for his style or his insane bass playing (which he always chose to play at his knees), so the news that Carlos has left them has struck me with immense sadness.
From their website:


"After the completion of the album, Carlos informed the rest of us that he would be leaving the band. He has decided to follow another path, and to pursue new goals. This separation is amicable, and we whole-heartedly wish him great happiness and success. We will remain, as always, deeply respectful fans of this blazingly talented individual."

I am happy that he stayed to finish the album, and I hope his future endeavors go well, but for now, i'll still be left deeply sadden.


The video that started my Interpol love so many years ago

1 comment:

dianasfaria.com said...

I'm so sorry for your sadness. maybe he will do something next that you will love even more.